六彩开奖结果记录 www.lnznl.com 口腔临床英语对话(音频) 第30期:正畸治疗(3)
Today we'll take the following:
1) A profile photograph (picture) of the head.
2) An intraoral photograph.
3) Orthodontic study models (plaster models of the teeth and jaws).
4) A cephalogram (an X-ray of the head).
5) An orthopantmograph (a panorex X-ray of the jaws).
6) Complete X-ray series including bitewings and periapicals.
Please make an appointment to come back next week. At that time I'll decide what has to be done to treat your son.
One week later:
I've studied your case and I've made a diagnosis and treatment plan.
What have you decided, Doctor?
Even though there are many favorable factors in Taro's case, there isn't enough space for all the permanent teeth. It'll be necessary to extract the upper and lower first premolars. The space that's made by the extractions will be needed to move the teeth into normal positions. There won't be any spaces between Taro's teeth after treatment.
He's going to be a very handsome young man when I've completed his case.
Is it easy to move the teeth?
No, it's usually quite difficult. It must be done slowly and carefully. The first step is to put bands (braces) on the teeth.
Pressure is applied to the bands so that the teeth will move to where they should be. The pressure on the bands will be adjusted once a month.